Wednesday, October 7, 2009

There are some times...

when it is just worth the money to have someone else do it. We moved into our house 4 years ago, and since that time we have wanted to get rid of the "attractive" track lighting hanging in 3...count them 3 of our rooms. My husband can do anything....I mean anything...build a new outlet box...check...put in new toilets...check...build a frame for 2 bathroom mirrors...check...build a huge deck off the back of the house...check! But like many of you out there...whenever you do a home improvement project DIY style, seems like everything that could go wrong does...and the project takes FOREVER to complete. SOOOOO...after A LOT of deliberation....and checking out our neighbors new can lighting...we bit the bullet and called "their guy"....4 hours later...

This...

Looked like this...

and this...

like this...

and this...

like this...
(no light in this room...just lamps...like a proper living room)

It's almost like I forgot what the track lighting even looked like. When I look into my family room from my kitchen, all I see is my fireplace...NOT track lighting...it is a happy and wonderful sight! We still have some patch work that needs to get done...but I am so thrilled with the lack of hangy light things, that I just couldn't not post pictures. And let me tell you...we priced out the cost of buying all the cans, etc...and we barely paid more then that cost for the materials and labor....steal of a deal! Always nice to know a friend of a friend who now considers you family and even paid Lil D $2 for helping carry stuff in from the car!

Of course...once the patchwork is done...the ceilings will need to be painted...which means I can paint the walls...and then the trim needs to be painted....and all my doors...and I really want to change out the sweet gold door knobs....oh the snowball has begun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so much better! I'm glad you were able to get it done. What a relief, huh? Have a good day!
pk @ room remix

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

love it Teri and your living room makes more sense now!!!!

Roeshel said...

It all does look better! My husband is the best for saying "oh that's a two minute job". Yea. Well. That's never the case. First, it takes him forever to get started. Then, he can't remember where he put the level or the battery or the drill...you know how it goes. haha And of course there are issues. Like, not turning off the main power source and getting a zap. hehe Can you tell I understand? lol

Have a GREAT weekend!

Roeshel

Christine said...

Looks great! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails