Friday, January 29, 2010

Another step forward in the craft closet reno...

My frugalicious finds of the week!

We hit the "as is" section at Ikea in search of a work table for my "currently getting created craft closet"

...I found this chair...
It was $16...not as cheap as my sister's $4.99 chair but much cheaper then the $25-30 dollar chairs I kept finding at the countless thrift stores I traveled to. (I have been SO frustrated)

I'm gonna add some padding and fabric to jazz it up AND to cush my tush.

Then I stumbled upon this shade...

$2.99...
it's just what I was looking for to change up this OLD lamp my husband has had for YEARS...it's wood...I'm gonna paint it and then cover the shade for my next make over room...
the guest room!

And finally...the reason we even went to Ikea...a work top...

$9.99

I was STOKED. I was thinking we were going to have to buy a big ol' piece of wood which would cost us around $30 (and I would have to paint it)...this is MUCH cheaper and it's already white and smooth and well...a work table. Mr. T will cut it down to the right size and hopefully we will get it in the closet this weekend. We also bought 2 legs to put on the front for support...$4 a piece...not bad I think.

I'm trying to spend as little as possible on this closet...so far I've spent $35 and I think all I have left to buy is a few storage items...I can't wait to get it all done and to finally have all my craft stuff in one place...it's about time!

I'm linking to Frugalicious Friday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have those same chairs! we got those cushions that have the grip bottom, they have some nice ones at walmart that are so comfy!!!

Erin said...

It's all coming together. I can't wait to see it all finished!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Wow - what a great find on the desk top. Plus the fact that it's already painted is awesome! Love the as is - I head there first before going through the rest of the store!

Jane B. said...

Those are some great finds! Funny, but were headed to Ikea today! And I haven't been there in years..so I'm excited to see what's new! Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

Jamie Bailey said...

Oh, I haven't even thought of Ikea for a work top. Great idea! We are moving the kids bedrooms, redoing a playroom and making an office/craft room upstairs. That would work perfect! Can't wait to see your finished project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails