Monday, February 22, 2010

Guest bedroom decor...complete...(post 2)

Today was another productive day in the guest room.
I saw some pillow shams with black trim somewhere and decided they would be perfect for the guest bed.

Found myself some white shams at Walmart for $7 a piece.

picked up some "heatnbond" (I've never used it before) and some black grosgrain ribbon...

cut the ribbon to the length I wanted...burned the edges...
(yes, it's a heart candle...only candle with access to a wick...watcha gonna do:)

iron on heat n bond...

iron onto shams...add pillows...place on bed:)
(they are kinda wimpy edges so the don't stand up well...but you see the black so you get the idea)

....still need a few more pillows for this bed...

then I made myself a curtain.

I love my new curtain...

I just love this fabric...saw it at Joanns...waited till it was 50% off...got myself an additional 10% off coupon and bought enough to make myself a curtain (and a roman shade) for the guest room...

I pretty much just hemmed all four sides and attached it to the rod.

want to see what is behind the basement guest room curtain...

Ta da...


It's the lovely craft closet...
(I even cleaned off the table for you...)

can you feel it?
can you feel how close it is?
can you taste the "doneness" of this silly makeover?
I can...'cause I am SO ready to move onto the next room:)

I still need to finish my roman shade.
This is as far as I got tonight...


Then a few more pillows for the bed and some paint on the chair...
It's so close I can taste it:)

I'm linkin' to DIY day at ASPTL

(see guest room decor post 1 here)

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Really it is amazing! I love the shams and absolutely love the curtain!

Erin said...

I really like the material you used for your curtain! The pillow are a great touch too. Well done!

Erika Mills said...

Great job! I'm working on my basement guestroom too, it can be tricky to make it feel warm and inviting!! I love your curtain storage idea ;)

Jamie Bailey said...

LOVE IT!!! The fabric looks great. I love the black and white theme.

Pauline Wiles said...

Looking great - love that fabric!

Lisa said...

Beautiful!

The Single Nester said...

I love your craft closet!

agirlsmusthaves said...

a-m-a-z-i-n-g

2sisters said...

Yeah! It's is looking fabulous! (btw, you didn't need to clean off the table for us)
teri

Christi said...

Looks awesome...can't wait to sleep there in a few weeks!! :o) Hope its done for me!! lol

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... what a great room! Love the black touch on the shams. SO pretty!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails