Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why I started my blog....

Wendy over at Ordinary Miracles of Life started a link party to share why we started blogging...thought I'd join in the fun...

Just over 2 years ago, I decided to start a blog to record the life of Lil D. ALL of my family lives far away....and this was a fun way for them to see what Lil D is up to...so My life as a Thompson started. It's written from Lil D's perspective and I just LOVE it!

As I finally "found myself" in this new role of stay at home mom...I began to take more and more time crafting, cooking, decorating, all the things I loved to do, but didn't have time when I worked...and I wanted to share what I did...but struggled to find how to fit that into the blog I was doing for Lil D...so I decided that I needed a blog for myself...and thus started Mama Thompson.

My blog is just a place that I post the jewelry I make for T's ETC (my etsy shop), the craft projects I make, home projects we are working on, and anything to do with food. I do it to record my life as Mama Thompson...and I am having a blast!

As for those that inspire me...let's just say this post could be super long if I listed them all...so here are a few:

My long time friend Karla at It's the little things...I love her and her home and the husband that helps her...so her blog...well, I love it too!

Juniper at Hope Studios...each friday I so look forward to her "feedback friday" posts, so I can get all riled up and leave ridiculously long comments. Oh...and there have been more then a few tutorials I have done....she's just awesome!

PK at Room Remix...if you don't follow her and all the home/decor inspiration she puts out there you are missin' out...what a giant help she has been to me, as I find my true design style and finally make this home of mine something that I just LOVE.

And Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge what a fantastic blog with such great craft ideas and fun parties...love her.

I am loving this blogging world and all the inspiring people in it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun to read all the stories about why people started their blogs. Fun. Fun. FUN! : )

Karla said...

Love you too!!! XOXO

And I miss you! When are you coming home for a visit?

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

What a great blog - have enjoyed looking through at all your wonderful talents!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the mention and your sweet comments about my blog. You know I love following you too, and seeing you put so many ideas into ACTION! You are one motivated woman and I admire the way you GET IT DONE and take care of your home and family.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Jennifer Juniper said...

It really is interesting to read how we all began. We've kind of become our own little bloggy gang :)

Wendy said...

It is so fun getting to meet new friends! Thanks for linking up and now off to explore your blog and some of your faves!

Related Posts with Thumbnails