Sunday, August 22, 2010

My "new" bench

I have this blank space in my family room
(I promise I will post after pics of this room someday soon...I keep hoping Mr. T will finish all the tv wiring so it looks totally complete...anyway).

It's an awkward space with only the piano against the back wall.
I have really wanted some sort of bench/storage area since this is where we enter the house 99% of the time (it's the first room you hit coming in from the garage.)

enter...my sister's old coffee table.

When she told me she got a new table, I told her to hang on to the old one for me because I really needed a bench. And don't worry...I gave her a fantastic green armless chair (that I LOVE but don't have a place for)...so it was a fair trade:)

I gave it a very quick sand and a coat of primer...then 2 coats of Espresso spray paint.


I have recovered a few things before...but have never done buttons on anything, so I did a quick search on the internet and found a great tutorial Here. Following those instructions, I was easily able to finish my bench.


I didn't realize making your own buttons was so easy.



No more blank space!

(ohhh...that little lamp shade is the next on the makeover list...)



.add 2 baskets for shoes and Mama is happy.

Thanks Vic for the great "table"...I'm loving my "new" bench!

I'm linking to these parties!

28 comments:

Happy Nester said...

It looks wonderful. So professional.
You Did A Great job.
Monica

Cindy said...

LOVE. Seriously. That fabric is unbelievably gorgeous.

So glad you could Mi4M!

Jamie said...

I LOVE it Teri, love the fabric too it is gorgeous.

Rachelle said...

I think it looks great! That fabric is fabulous. :)

burlap+blue said...

I love this!! You did such a great job...may have to copy you at some point in the future:) Have a great night!

Marissa said...

you are SO creative, that turned out so cute and perfect for the space :) GREAT WORK!!

Still LOVE that flooring of yours...just beautiful!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks GREAT...love that fabric!!!
Hop over and enter my GIVEAWAY…I think you will like it!

Blessings,
Linda

Kimberlee said...

Love the fabric you used! What a great way to repurpose an old coffee table. Visiting from Motivate Me Monday.
~Kimberlee
www.thespunkydiva.blogspot.com

Andrea Dekker said...

I'm trying to do a similar project but haven't found the right table yet.

Yours looks amazing and so professional. thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle @ Sweet Something said...

Nice job! It looks fantastic!! Pretty fabric too.

Eileen said...

gorgeous job. Very professional looking! I love when people do awesome things like that!

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

Wow Teri that looks great!!! I guess WOW is not the word I should probably use because everything you do and everything you touch is soooo GREAT!!!!!!

Mama E said...

I LOVE this...and you make it look so easy! Found you at the keeping it simple party.
-Mama E
-www.homeandheartsblog.com

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

What a teriffic bench!

Blessings!
Gail

michelle said...

your bench looks very nice. would you be so kind to tell me how to make the cushion.. i am trying to make a bench cushion for my kitchen. i would very much appreciate it! thanks.

decdiva1 said...

what a great way to re-purpose that table! it turned out beautifully! i love your floors too!

Jamie Bailey said...

I love it! It fits perfectly in that space. I also love the baskets underneath for shoes! Good job!

Rene said...

It really looks great, like you bought it that way. Very nice.

-Rene

Maggie said...

I love it! That is a fabulous transformation!

Kaysi said...

Great transformation!

Unguren said...

Awesome bench. I love the material.

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

Love your new bench! I just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and put it at the foot of my bed.
gail
stopping by from bnotp

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Oh it turned out so great! The table/bench is the perfect width too! This post made me evaluate my own situation and if I did this to my table it would look like a twin bed. Great switch!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I am looking for your EAT in your kitchen you told me about and I saw this bench. Wow oh wow. And those floors of yours.....so pretty.

Kara said...

I love this! What a great idea for a unique space. The bench colors with the white accent walls really pop. Such a great job!

Erin said...

The bench is awesome! I am totally going to do this. Whenever I go thrifting I always seem to come across cool coffee tables but I already have two in my house so I talk myself out of buying another one. Of course, now that I have a purpose I won't be able to find a coffee table! :)

Vicki said...

Definitely fabulous! It just looks amazing!

Amanda said...

I've been hanging on to this post for a while! I've featured you on Craft Gossip here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-revamp-projects/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Related Posts with Thumbnails