Sunday, September 5, 2010

So it never gets lost...

I was at a friend's house a couple weeks ago and she was washing a glass casserole dish that had been filled with treats and left for her and her family to enjoy...all of a sudden she says, "well, look at that"...on the bottom of the glass dish was the name of the family...etched right there for all to see. No way that dish is ever gonna get confused with one of their own...
Brilliant!

and maybe you all have thought of it or already done it...
Now I have too:)

I got out my faithful cricut and cut my name in some vinyl.
(Lyrical Letter...Loop dee loo)
On the back side of the vinyl
NOT in papersaver mode.

Pulled off the vinyl from the backing and stuck it on the backside of my dish.

Put some tape on the top and side since the letters were so close to the edge.
covered it really well with Armour Etch glass cream (using a tongue depressor thing).
Set the timer for 5 minutes.

Washed it off with water.
Removed the vinyl and tape.

There you go!

and then I made one for my friend.

Next time I will try to find a dish without the big pyrex in the middle.

Now...every time you take something to a friend or neighbor...they will know right where to bring that dish back...and maybe they would even fill it back up for you:)

I'm linkin' to these parties!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Labor day weekend!

5 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I LOVE this idea, I need to do it to my dishes since I have to take a meal to a family on Tuesday. It looks so easy too.

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Looks great!!! I so want to do this!

Cranberry Morning said...

This is a great idea! Keeps all those casserole dishes in the right hands after a church pot luck! :-)

Visiting from The Girl Creative.

Jamie Bailey said...

Such a great idea. Love my dish!!!

Unguren said...

They did this for an enrichment activity in our ward right before we moved in.

I think it is a great idea. Nothing worse than having dishes and not knowing who they belong to.

Related Posts with Thumbnails