Monday, October 4, 2010

Well rested and ready for a new week.

We made it to Vegas....and then back home.
And boy did we have a great time!

Day 1:

This year we stayed at the Mirage. When we checked in...the place was crazy. They guy informed us that it was a "big weekend" for them..."Rolling Stones Rock Weekend"....and Weezer was playing on Saturday night. Then he stated, "Weezer is a band". OHHHHH....thanks for clarifying that for us "old people"....maybe I should have started singing "The Sweater" song so he knew that Weezer is from "my time" too:)

Anyway, after we got checked in, we headed to Cesar's Palace, and ate here

Delish pizza. We got the greek and the margherita. The greek was amazing...I will be trying to recreate that one at home. The margherita was good too...but we make that all the time...except this one also had goat cheese chunks on it...YUM!

Day 2:

After a yummy breakfast at the Mirage buffet (compliments of a very full hotel and us having to move rooms) we headed to Fashion Show mall to do more shopping. We got Mr. T some steals of deals and used up some gift certs he has had forever...we got him 2 pair of jeans and a pair of slacks and me 2 camis and we spent $1.24 (and all these items were purchased at The Gap and Banana...I'm pretty proud of us:)

Then we spent some time here...along with the rest of Vegas. Did I mention it was H-O-T!


For dinner we went back to this place.

We LOVE it...thank you Emeril for some seriously delicious food!


Then we saw this show.

I LOVED it...I mean LOVED it! Mr. T liked it a lot, but definitely was a bigger fan of Mystere. Love is more about the music with lots of dancing and some acrobatics (amazing acrobatics), while Mystere is all about the amazing acrobatics. So if you love the Beatles and dancing, you would LOVE this show. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time...LOVED it all. Ok...I'll let it go now!

After the show, we headed down to the Bellagio.

walked through the conservatory

and watched this.

I could watch that all night.

Day 3:

We slept in and then had "brunch" here.

I call it brunch because Mr. T ate breakfast and I ate lunch :)...grilled salmon sandwich on ciabatta...YUM!
Great recommendation Ungurens...thanks!

Then we headed to my favorite bead store so I could stock up...it's always a bit of a shocker to Mr. T...I just remind him that I only do it once a year:)

Then back in the car to head back to St. George to pick up the little one, who got spoiled for 3 days with Grandma. He was pretty excited to see us.

But as much fun as we had...it's always good to be back home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually never been to Vegas, but it sounds like a FUN trip!

Jamie Bailey said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Welcome home!

The Watson's... said...

Hi! Mandy's friend here. Love your blog! It sounds like you had a great time in Vegas but you did give me a laugh about "Wheezer." I love them but I have to tell you, it's Weezer. :)

Mama Thompson said...

Watson's...thanks for correcting my spelling of Weezer...obviously, I don't love them enough to know how to correctly spell their name:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails