Thursday, December 1, 2011

Homemade Christmas Gift #1 (2011)

Beadboard frames

We had some leftover beadboard from the nursery makeover.
I saw these cute beadboard frames at quilted bear and knew it was the perfect way to use it up.
Mr. T cut me a few different sizes.
The above long one holds 2 8X10s. We also cut one that holds 1 8X10 and one that holds 1 12X12. I painted them black using leftover paint from the guest bedroom furniture.
Mr. T also cut the plexi-glass. I had him cut it big enough to leave a 1/2inch border around the picture and small enough to leave a nice border of the beadboard.

He also drilled holes to run ribbon through to make it easy to hang.

I attached the plexi to the beadboard using acorn screws and bolts.

I absolutely LOVE them.
I kept a long one for myself...

The total cost for each frame was about $4.00

Beadboard: already had
Paint: already had
Nuts and bolts: $6.00 for 100 of each
(at a little shop called Nuts and bolts...at Lowes they would have been $1.00 for 4 nuts)
Plexiglass: $3.00 per frame.
(we bought a few large sheets because I was making so many which cut the cost on buying the precut little pieces.)
Ribbon: about $1.00 per frame

2 comments:

AJ said...

I love your craftiness. I always have such dreams of DIY gifts, clever and unique. It doesn't happen for me...yet. I need to channel my inner Teri!

AJ said...

PS I LOVE your glass block nativity thing (not sure what to call it but it's awesome). I want one.

:O

Related Posts with Thumbnails