Monday, September 21, 2009

Laundry room makeover

It's that day of the week...and I'm participating.  
Just LOVE to see all the great ideas out there!


Nobody LOVES to do laundry do they?
This room drove me crazy...yes, I was lucky enough to have a closet in there...but it is so full of other storage, that it wasn't very helpful in the "laundry" department.  And how much did I "love" having piles of clothes on the floor (heaven forbid we buy a laundry basket)...and then there is that drying rack...good night!

So....my husband built me a shelf...it is DEEP...hung my drying rack and put up a curtain (you know, 'cause every laundry room needs a window treatment)...

I just had to put up lots of beach pics of my lil D 'cause let's be completely honest...would rather be there then working in here...
BUT...my laundry stuff is right at my disposal (most people like to hide it...I like to not have to open doors to find it!

and hung one of my fav projects I have EVER made...
just a plain board painted brown with more beach pics modge podged (is that a word yet?) on some chip board letters painted with sand paint...my lil d's feet print in more sand paint...and a few shells and starfish to finish it off.  Oh...and the names and dates of the beach. We have visited a few more beaches since I finished this, that I need to frame and get up on the walls too!
What I love about this...nothing on the floor! Oh, and the cutest face to look at while folding load after load!

4 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I love it Teri!! That board is fantastic.

jninecostumes said...

Great redo. I'm thinking of painting my "laundry room". It's a closet with bi-fold doors. So boring.
Thanks for sharing your redo. The beach is always better than laundry.

Kammy said...

Too cute ! I bet you love doing laudry now !
Kammy

Jane said...

Lovely! Laundry is almost a pleasant chore in there...
Jane (Artfully Graced)

Related Posts with Thumbnails