Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I've set a goal for the month of November...more about that tomorrow! So even though it was Halloween AND Saturday AND would have been easier to grab a quick bite out...I decided to make dinner at home.  That is actually quite a feat on a Saturday:)

I got this recipe from Boiled Hot dogs.
  

I liked it for 3 reasons:

1. It was a small amount of food, which is good on a holiday where you gorge your face with candy and don't have much of an appetite for a big meal.

2. It used up the last of my pulled pork.

3. I could cut the corn cakes into pumpkin shapes, so I felt like I was being festive!


We all liked this meal.  I felt like the corn cake needed more kick, so I think I would add more cayenne the next time.  I also didn't have time to make any pico de gallo, which I think would have made the meal even better.  My cousin thought the pork was too sweet when she made it...but I LOVE sweet pork, so it worked for us.

....and for dessert....

as if we needed more sugar in the house?! I love to frost sugar cookies, but never make them.  I figured I should use my Halloween cookie cutters for once.  Luckily, we went to a friends for a little Halloween party (you can see pics here) so I got to get rid of some of them.  It's never good when there are cookies in the house...if you know what I mean?!

We had a very fun Halloween...and after a short trip around the neighborhood...Lil D is tuckered out from all the door knocking and we are headed to bed.  Hope you all had a Happy Halloween too!

1 comment:

Jaymerz said...

Yummy!! I am going to have to try it. I made sugar cookies on Thursday and ate so many I was sick last night. The rest went in the garbage today to prevent that from happening!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails