Sunday, November 22, 2009

Meal Plan Monday...Thanksgiving style!

I am proud to say that I am still "clean" of eating out...22 days and going strong (only 1 week left...but I'm not counting).  To be honest, my sister (who is currently visiting) flies out on 01 December...guess what we are doing before she heads to the airport...going out to eat:)  I kinda feel like I owe it to her...after having to eat my home cooked meals 3 times a day...we're just saving money:) (and I'm down 3 pounds!)

This week isn't going to get any easier...my brother and his family arrive on Wednesday...I'm pretty sure my brother, sister-in-law, and Mr. T will be hitting Cafe Rio at least one time (I'll just stay home and enjoy leftovers...again).

So on to what I WILL be eating this week: Mostly just digging through the fridge, as I didn't really plan much!

Sunday: creamy crock pot chicken, rice and jello salad (courtesy of my awesome cousin Hydi)
Monday: Chicken caesar salad
Tuesday: My sis is taking 2 friends out for dinner...I'll be eating dinner/snacks from home and shopping during their dinner date. Mr. T and Lil D will have to fend for themselves.
Wednesday: Whatever we can find....leftovers!
Thursday: This is going to be a shocker....Turkey dinner
Saturday: lots of snacks and leftovers while enjoying the BYU/UofU game

Creamy Crock Pot chicken:
4-6 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
1 pkg. italian dressing mix
1 8oz pkg. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup

Place chicken breasts in crock pot and sprinkle with italian dressing.  Mix cream cheese and chicken soup together and pour over top.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.  Serve with rice....yummy!


Thanksgiving feast:

Breakfast:
sticky buns (also called pull aparts)
Breakfast struedel

Snacks:
Veggie tray and dip
Hot artichoke and spinach dip
chips and onion dip (family fav)
cheese and crackers

Dinner:
Turkey (stuffed with herbs, head of garlic, onion)
Bread stuffing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Fresh green beans with red onions and garlic
cranberries
"yummy pink jello salad" (courtesy of my cousin Mackenzie)
rolls

Dessert:
Apple pie
Berry pie
(sorry...no pumpkin pie lovers here)

HAPPY FEASTING!

I'm linking up to Meal Plan Monday

1 comment:

mama hall said...

NO pumpkin pie?! How could you??! :)

I'm super encouraged by your no-dining-out challenge. What a tough time of year to take that on. GOOD FOR YOU!

Thanks for sharing your menu. Looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails