Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How often do you clean out your pantry?

I decided to take a break from the basement overhaul (I needed to regroup...I'm a little stuck) anyway....I decided to tackle the pantry, which led to the surrounding cupboards...but I am feeling much better.

I realize that I probably should do that a whole lot more often...it feels so good to get all my food and appliance items in order. Plus, I am pretty sure I have dinner menus for the next month...kinda crazy what you can find in the back of the pantry with the date 2010 on it that you thought was never going be here...SO...we will be eating from the pantry for the next few weeks...I'm okay with that...hope Mr. T is!

Back to the basement...I have been through every holiday bin and craft bin and other bins...I have taken a trunk full to the goodwill...and now it is time to take apart the closet...paint...build...and decide where to put everything. I was a little concerned when I pitched my basement overhaul idea to Mr. T that he wouldn't be as excited as I was about it...but he is 100% on board and I am ecstatic about it.

On tonight and tomorrow's schedule...deconstruction and patching...I'm hoping by Friday I can put some paint in that closet so next week the shelving can go in...OH it's all so very exciting...

So why did I say I was stuck? Well...because everything is just in piles...and there are tons of storage issues that I am going to have to address and whenever I walk downstairs I feel a bit overwhelmed...thus, the break and the pantry clean out...I'm feeling ready to tackle it again...

But first, the sun is out...it's not completely freezing...and I think lil D and I need to go for a walk...

2 comments:

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

pictures of the mess please!!!!

Unguren said...

I wish you luck. Stuff like that can be kinda sucky but then it is so nice to have it done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails