Friday, February 5, 2010

Dinner at the Thompsons

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night. I do my grocery shopping on Saturdays and plan out the week...I didn't know I was feeding them till Sunday night. Thursday was supposed to be leftover night...didn't really feel right feeding them leftovers:) BUT I didn't want to go to the grocery store...so I searched through the cupboards and came up with this...

Chicken Parmesan with Bowtie pasta in Alfredo sauce along side a spinach salad and corn.

Chicken parm: I dredge my chicken in flour (with salt and pepper) and egg and then a mixture of italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. "fry" it in Olive oil and eat up 'cause it is so moist and good. I use the chicken tenderloins, so they only take about 3 minutes per side.

Alfredo Sauce: I melt 1/4 C butter in small sauce pan with about 1 tsp. chopped garlic. Then I add 1 C. heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Make sure to leave your temp at med (no higher) and then I add 1 1/2 C parm cheese and let it melt. (I have learned from experience that slow melting is better then fast melting...unless you like clumpy sauce). Wisk and wisk and wisk. Dump all over bowtie pasta and enjoy (so good!) (serves 4)

My spinach salad was simple with pears, craisins and blue cheese and a vinagerette I love. And the corn was well...frozen corn...heated with some butter (toughy, I know:)

It turned out really good...and it only took me about 45 minutes to make everything from start to finish...love that! And of course being boys, there were no leftovers...which I am perfectly ok with! Bigger bonus...no extra trip to the grocery store...love to cook with what I have!

(wish I had taken pics, but I felt silly snappy pics with the missionaries there...maybe next time)

1 comment:

2sisters said...

Sounds so yummy! That's very similar to Micki's alfredo sauce that we posted a while back. Love it when you can cook a scrumptious meal using what you have on hand.

Also, we gave you an award, if you want to check it out and hopefully pass it along. Come on over!

p.s. We still on for this weeks guest post?

Related Posts with Thumbnails