Friday, March 11, 2011

Making up for being gone.

Mr. T and I are going on vacation together for a whole week. We are not taking Lil D with us. My wonderful Mom is coming into town to take care of him (how great is she?).
I'm a little worried about how he is going to do...we have been having a little separation anxiety lately, even at nearly 4 years of age.

So....I thought that maybe I could brighten each day by leaving a gift for him.

I got some simple little things...a book, coloring book, sticker book, dry erase book, etc.
Then I put together a little bucket for him for St. Patty's day.
(with a cool green shirt to wear to school)

Can I tell you how frustrating it is to find St. Patrick's day stickers. I have looked at so many stores and nothing....lots of Easter stickers though. I found a little pack of these puffy sticker things at Joanns as I was walking out...oh well, they work.

Best part of all of this....I did everything in green...oh no, not because it's St. Patty's day (well sort of) but because Lil D LOVES green.

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's day too!

3 comments:

Jaymerz said...

This is so cute!! I need to get to work on the St. Patty's day stuff soon. Have to get the birthday stuff done first. Have fun on your trip!!

Katie @ BurbTales said...

What a cute idea! I think it'll be a big hit with him (and grandma!)

Vicki said...

You're such an amazing mom! Enjoy your trip and can't wait to hear all about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails