Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sister Easter basket exchange

Last year my mom thought it would be fun to exchange "Easter baskets" among the sisters. There are 5 of us, plus my mom and 1 wonderful sister-in-law. It was a lot of fun...so this year we kept the tradition going.

This year I drew one of my younger sisters.
This is what I did...(our budget is $15...just a small amount to do something fun...it's even more fun to see what all you can do for $15)

She had seen a picture of these cute little guys from the Wood Connection and told my mom she loved them...so I painted up a set for her.

Then I found these great glass shapes at a scrapbook store (for 75 cents a piece) and knew they would be perfect...I really wanted to make one with her initial on it...and when I found this S pattern in my scrapbook paper stack I was thrilled...and I just love the colors in the paisley...she can wear it with so many things.

I just modge podged the paper to the back, then added the the bails with diamond glaze. I only bought 1 chain to keep my cost on budget, but she can easily switch the 2 pendants.

All packaged up and ready to go.


My total cost for all I bought was just under $15. I didn't have to buy any paint, paper or supplies to make the stuff which was great. I hope she loves it all.

My mom has me this year and I can't wait to see what she came up with...she is crazy creative and crafty, so I am very excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute, I love it! I might have to make my sister one!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I had to come over here and catch up! Love the bunnies, LOVE the construction cake and love the cruise!

I have always been afraid to cruise (I get motion sickness pretty easily). So glad you had a great time - I haven't been away from my kids overnight in about a year and a half!

Unguren said...

Very cute! That is a fun idea...maybe I can try to do that with my sisters.

Related Posts with Thumbnails