Sunday, July 3, 2011

Some 4th of July goodness.

I have been wanting to make white chocolate covered popcorn for a long while...I found a great recipe that needed to be tried...and I figured I could make it 4th of July-y and make up a few neighbor treats.

I changed the recipe a bit, to fit our family and what we like, and to keep it as white with red and blue as possible.


2 bags buttered popcorn
1 bag white chocolate covered pretzels
1 bag white chips
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups m&ms
(I bought some 4th of July colors when we were in Vegas last week)

Pop the popcorn and separate any duds.
Smash the pretzels up a bit.
Melt the white chips and pour over the popcorn and mix well.
Add in remaining ingredients and mix some more.
Dump onto 2 cookie sheets and let it cool completely.


I had these little metal tins from a BBQ (Target $1 bins) and lined them with plastic wrap and then filled them up with the yummy popcorn mix.



They are SO good!
and really...you can make this any time of year:)

********************************

I really like making Lil D shirts...give me an excuse...and I'll make one.
I got this t-shirt at Walmart for $2.50 and decided it would be perfect for a 4th of July shirt.

I used some more of my freezer paper (I really think this stuff will last till he's 18).
I traced a star cookie cutter and painted it on.


Then I taped off 1 inch stripes for the white.


and then 1 inch stripes for the red.


Of course Lil D loves to help.


and we have a patriotic shirt to wear to the parade.


Hope you all have a happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Jaymerz said...

cute shirt!! I really need to try the freezer paper. And also thank you very much, I think we will be making that popcorn this week :).

Erica said...

It's so adorable!

Homeowner Insurance Plan

Related Posts with Thumbnails