Monday, February 6, 2012

Crock Pot Sunday: Teriyaki Chicken

I LOVE teriyaki chicken. Love it. Every time I visit "home" (Seattle) I have to have it at least once. Teriyaki places are every where. I have yet to find a teriyaki recipe that I can even compare to the sticky thick sweet delicious sauce of the teriyaki back home. Until now.

I found this recipe and decided to give it a try...so glad I did...so glad. I ended up making 1 1/2 the recipe since I was serving a crowd...and it was the perfect amount. You cook it on low for 4-5 hours. Here was my only problem. I put it in at noon knowing I would be home at 4 to check it or leave it in for longer and unfortunately the chicken was more done then I would have liked. The chicken still tasted great...but was drier then it needed to be. So next time I am going to set it for 3 hours and start checking it at that point.

But really...it was the sauce that won me over. After the chicken is done you pour the juices/sauce into a sauce pan and add a cornstarch/water mixture and then let it thicken up. It's sticky thick sweet and delicious! I think I may even try just making the sauce in a sauce pan to begin with and then grill up my chicken so it's charred a bit. Mmmmm.

If you love Teriyaki Chicken...give this one a try for sure!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails