Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving prep...

The family has begun to arrive...and I couldn't be happier.
My younger brother is currently driving from Sacramento with his wife and adorable 4 year-old. My older sister has been here for a few days. And my youngest brother came up to hang out for the next couple days...he spent today doing this...

While we...

made some cornucopias (ala Martha)...
wait till you see how cute they are filled with reeses pieces....

and then we made these...mostly because I think they are so cute....
not that we need more junk to eat (thanks again Martha)!

(I just searched for the webpage, but I can't find it) We made them with Keebler striped cookies, turned upside down, some leftover orangish frosting to attach a peanut butter cup and then stuck an orange tictac on the front.

My cousin Mackenzie came over to help us make pies...

I've never made a pie before (not without a frozen pie crust that is). I guess we really won't know until tomorrow how they turned out...but here's a preview or our apple and berry pie...

I tried to do the criss cross thing on the berry pie...guess I should have braided it, not just laid it on top of one another...oh well...they were my first!

Then we started working on the center piece for the table....
can't wait till it's all done and I can light the candles:)

Now I just need to finish cleaning my house...and then I have to make dinner for everyone (you know that whole not eating out thing is going to be very difficult this weekend)!

Hope your Holiday prep is going well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails