Tuesday, February 9, 2010

and then some...

I'm reposting for DIY day at ASPTL...

***********
Sand all the filled holes and wipe down all the baseboards...
check?


Paint baseboards and moldings....
check!

Paint ceilings...
check!

Remove door and get ready to paint...
almost check.
The door came down and I took all the hinges, etc. off...Mr. T doesn't think it needs to be painted...so tomorrow I will scrub it and see how I feel about it.

BUT....I got some other things done...hurray!

Mr. T changed out the light fixture!

AND...I PAINTED ALL THE WALLS....

I SAID...I painted all the walls...it's done...all the painting is done!

I am THRILLED!
now I can finally get to the FUN stuff!
Well, after I clean up and move the furniture back in...but I am getting there and I am just so happy about it!

It was a great and productive day. Lil D was FABULOUS....he let me work all day without any problems and I was so proud of him for being such a good kid!

Of course the day couldn't go without some issue....

I'm not sure what I was more upset about....
the fact that my entire 44oz soda spilled on the floor...yep, brand new...only taken a couple sips. Or the fact that the I wouldn't let Mr. T buy those silly sham wows a few weeks ago...would have come in handy!

Thanks for your support today...I knew blogging about this would keep me accountable.

Tomorrow's list...

-scrub that door and make some decisions
-If it's staying...put on new hinges and new door knob and rehang
-clean up room
-spray paint wall art (if the wind will stay calm for just one day)

Then I HAVE to do laundry and get this family packed for our weekend away...
a much needed break!


11 comments:

Karla said...

Sorry about your soda...and your carpet!! But I have to say...YOU ARE A MACHINE!! You are seriously plowing through this project. Can't wait to see it all! Especially that newly painted black furniture! :)

You Rock, Teri! XO

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Rachelle said...

Oooooh I'd be sad about the soda! Gotta get my fix. :)

Lookin' good though! Great job!

Rachelle

Kirsty said...

Ohhh, you pulled a me! So sorry! But it looks great! I can't wait to see it all come together!

Jamie Bailey said...

The paint looks great! I guess I gotta get that desk out of your way now. I hope that soda came out of the carpet...I'm impressed you stopped to take a picture of it.

Erin said...

you are a machine!!

Pauline Wiles said...

Thrilled to see your progress!
Onward and upward!

Anonymous said...

shamwows are AMAZING. you just pat them down on the spill and they soak it right up its awesome!!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh man! I thought that was paint on the carpet! Ok, soda's not too bad then :)

Unguren said...

Hopefully all the soda came out. Such a waste of a good soda.

If it doesn't come out you could always arrange the room so the bed sits over the top of it.

2sisters said...

Yeah Teri! Way to go!

Enso said...

I see we like same colors! I just painted my bedroom/craft corner (unfortunately it is the same room for now) the same color! Good choice ;)

And sorry about the soda! I hope the stain went away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails