Thursday, May 12, 2011

Yikes...Stripes!

The nursery transformation has begun.

From a yellow room (it was this color when we moved in nearly 6 years ago)...

to a lovely primer white (the bottom half is getting beadboard)

to apple green.

after lots of measuring (I did 9 inch stripes)
and marking and taping (plus a trip to Lowes since I ran out of tape).

then some of the base green paint over the tape to seal it down.
(I know I used frog tape...but I don't fully trust it...so I use the technique I learned from Karla and I NEVER have to touch up.)

We have our stripes!

I LOVE them. The color is perfect for a boy...more apple then sage. I just can't wait to get the beadboard, baseboards, etc done because I already have my decor ideas ready to go.
Yes, I know I still have a few months to go, but I did Lil D's room in the last month or so and it was HARD with that big huge belly. This time I'm starting earlier, with a smaller belly and more energy. Plus, decorating a room with a 4 year-old wanting to help all along the way makes the work take 10 times as long:) But I'm glad he is having his input heard, hoping that makes this whole transition much easier.

3 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I LOVE the color, so cute!! Can't wait to see it when it is all done.

Unknown said...

You are so good at all this decorating stuff! Want to lend me some decorative creativity haha. I could definitely use it.

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love the stripes - you're right, it's the perfect color :)

Now, I have to go check out what Karla says about painting stripes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails