The nursery transformation has begun.
From a yellow room (it was this color when we moved in nearly 6 years ago)...
to a lovely primer white (the bottom half is getting beadboard)
to apple green.
after lots of measuring (I did 9 inch stripes)
and marking and taping (plus a trip to Lowes since I ran out of tape).
then some of the base green paint over the tape to seal it down.
(I know I used frog tape...but I don't fully trust it...so I use the technique I learned from Karla and I NEVER have to touch up.)
We have our stripes!
I LOVE them. The color is perfect for a boy...more apple then sage. I just can't wait to get the beadboard, baseboards, etc done because I already have my decor ideas ready to go.
Yes, I know I still have a few months to go, but I did Lil D's room in the last month or so and it was HARD with that big huge belly. This time I'm starting earlier, with a smaller belly and more energy. Plus, decorating a room with a 4 year-old wanting to help all along the way makes the work take 10 times as long:) But I'm glad he is having his input heard, hoping that makes this whole transition much easier.