Monday, August 22, 2011

My week alone.

This past February, my dad called to tell me the dates for our family camping trip/reunion. August 14th.
Ummmm....dad...I guess it's time to let you know that I am pregnant and due Sept. 7th.
Pretty sure a 37 week pregnant lady won't be allowed on a plane.
Pretty sure a 37 week pregnant lady won't want to sleep in a tent.
Pretty sure a 37 week pregnant lady shouldn't be skiing (especially 800 miles from her doctor).

So, I sent the boys...and they had the best time ever.

This is Banks Lake...it's right by the Grand Coulee Dam in Eastern Washington.
I grew up going to this lake twice a summer every year.
I was SO sad that I couldn't go, but I am glad that Mr. T was willing to take Lil D to hang out with my family for a week.

It was pretty fantastic for Lil D.
He had all his cousins from my side there.
He LOVES his cousins.

This sweet little girl and her younger sister live in Atlanta.
We haven't seen her for about a year and a half...and had never met the baby.
Let's just say that they had a good time together.

and my nephew.
He lives in Seattle, so we get to see him a little more often...
but for Lil D, he could probably see him every day.
He idolizes this boy!

It makes me happy that time and miles don't keep these kids from knowing and loving one another. And the even better part...they will all be together at Christmas.
(including a 5th grandkid...wahoo).

So...while those 2 were enjoying the sun and water I spent my week resting and getting a few things done around the house. It was super fantastic to have no one to worry about but myself...I felt so rested. I did some scrapbooking, got my hospital bag packed, finished Lil D's school shopping, got a pedicure, got a hair cut and ate out with some friends without having to get a babysitter or worry about what the boys would eat....beautiful!

I am so glad they are home. I'm tired again.
BUT...we are down to 15 days...
here's hoping it will be sooner then that:)

2 comments:

AJ said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are feeling. Hope it is well? Hope it is starting???

Jaymerz said...

Good Luck!! 15 (well less now) but holy cow that is not very long at all. Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails