Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm taking volunteers...

My sister was here just over a week ago helping me paint and paint and paint...then she left and 2 days later my mom got here and she has helped tear out carpet, paint the upstairs hallway and then today....

she was all over the doors...man this mama can paint:)

During the day she got 6 doors painted and we got them rehung.
(they are beautiful...clean...and white)

We even got rid of these horrible things...


and changed 'em out to these...


Ahhhhhh....so much better.

So.....to treat my hard working mom...homemade dinner...well, as best as you can do in the state the kitchen is in...
Did I mention that Mr. T unhooked the oven on Saturday when he tore out the tile? Tonight I "cooked" dinner on the grill...homemade pizza....YUM!


It had to bake a little longer then it does in the oven...but with the pizza stone it works just the same...loved it!

and of course...after dinner...my mama got back to it.

We have the rest of the doors off and they will hopefully get a final coat in the morning and hung before my mama leaves tomorrow....
SHE'S LEAVING....
(Wahhhhhh).
This week has gone by SO fast. And I have no more family coming to help...I'm on my own again (boo hoo for me:)

So...any takers....wanna come help me do more work?

I buy a yummy lunch:)

3 comments:

Katie @ BurbTales said...

Wow I think we were separated at birth. The exact same things are going on in my house! I had to travel for work (ugh) for a few days, but over the weekend I got the remaining main level doors painted white and the hardware switched out too! This weekend we'll be rolling up old carpet and taking up old laminate so that the new laminate can be installed Monday. Looks like you're having as much fun with it as can be though - way to go! :)

Vicki said...

Teri, I get tired just reading your blogs. I don't think I have ever had that much stamina in my life. I really admire you. You go girl!!!

Brandy said...

It looks great! I HATE painting doors! We had a milliong to paint when we finished our basement. Coat after coat and then after it dries you see spots you missed. I feel for you! Great hardware though. I love the brushed nickel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails